Applied Reproductive Concepts is offering a technician internship to assist with several aspects of a mobile small ruminant reproductive practice. The internship would start June 1, 2021 and end Dec 31, 2021. We are looking for an independent and self-motivated individual with a team-based approach and mindset and an interest in working in an innovative and challenging environment.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist during semen collections, transcervical and laparoscopic artificial inseminations and surgical embryo flushing procedures. Intern will learn to prepare, evaluate and process semen for cryopreservation and A.I. procedures.
- Intern will learn to handle and monitor patients during anesthetic procedures and will learn to provide and oversee post-operative care and treatment of patients and perform medical procedures under the supervision of a veterinarian.
- Intern will assist with the maintenance, supervision and inventory of frozen semen and embryos and liquid nitrogen storage tanks.
- Intern will gain laboratory experience in searching, grading and handling and freezing embryos.
- Intern will assist in the set-up and break-down of mobile lab at each location; handling, monitoring and maintenance of veterinary equipment.
- Applied Reproductive Concepts is based out of Greencastle, PA; however, responsibilities will require technician to travel.
- Housing and stipend are provided.
Ideally, candidate would have experience in assisted reproduction and confidence in handling, restraining and managing small ruminants. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential. Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
If interested, please send resume and a list of three references to Dr. Rachael Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 717-360-0310.