- 1 lb. venison minute steaks
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. grape jelly
- In large skillet, heat butter and oil over med-high heat; cover steaks until browned on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; reduce heat to medium and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch, stirring to mix well; add beef stock, red wine and jelly. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until gravy thickens.
- Return steaks to mushroom gravy and simmer for 2 minutes until heated through.
Recipe provided by Highbourne Deer Farm