Roast Rack of Venison with Creole Mustard
- 3 1/2 lb. venison rack
- 4 oz. creole mustard
- 4 oz. fig preserves
- 1 lb. fresh bread crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 oz. olive oil
- 3 oz parsley, chopped
- Cracked pepper and salt to taste
- Season rack with salt and pepper
- Place rack in roasting pan and sear
- Remove, cool and set pan aside
- Mix mustard and preserves
- Rub meat down with mixture
- Mix bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, and olive oil.
- Taste for proper seasoning and pack this on the fig and mustard loin.
- Roast at 350 degrees, until medium rare (125 degree internal temperature) for 30 minutes. Do not overcook. The rack must be served medium rare or rare.
Recipe provided by Highbourne Deer Farm