Pan-Fried Sandwich Steaks
- 4 venison steaks
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 medium onions, sliced thin
- 4 green peppers, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place butter or margarine in large heavy skillet; turn heat to medium. Add onions and green peppers; saute until tender, being careful not to over cook.
- While onion mixture is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in small bowl. Remove cooked onion mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Add steaks to skillet. Fry one minute on each side; turn heat to medium low. Spread onion and cheese mixture evenly over steaks. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Serve hot on fesh bread or roll.
Recipe provided by Highbourne Deer Farm