Internship - PAX 96 Ranch & Whitetail Center
Intern needed for spring or summer internship on 4000 acre high fence ranch. You must be working towards attaining a college degree in an Agriculture or Wildlife related field. As an intern, you will be responsible for helping aid in all the aspects of raising trophy whitetail deer, as well as aiding in the bottle raising of fawns and helping with other ranch work. Self motivation is extremely important to us, as well as being able to work in the weather conditions of West Texas. Days off will need to be scheduled prior to starting.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining whitetail breeding pens and barn
- Feeding and maintenance of deer
- Walking pens, tagging, and collecting fawns
- Collecting fecal samples
- Administering medications and de-wormers
- Record keeping
- Filling and maintaining corn and protein feeders
- General housekeeping and lawn maintenance
- Operating farm equipment
Spring Internship: January -May
Summer Internship: May -August
Fall Internship: August-February
DATES ARE FLEXIBLE.
Housing will be provided, along with a vehicle for ranch use only.
Please speak with your Professor for attaining college credit.
PLEASE E-MAIL RESUME & REFERENCES to:
Brent Wallgren @ firstname.lastname@example.org